Issue: I'm trying to connect to an application like WhatsApp or Skype on my Android but it won't let me access the app or website.
How To Access Applications on Android Using UltraVPN
First, please make sure of the following:
1. You are logged into your paid, Premium subscription so that you can change your Virtual Location.
2. You are running the latest version of UltraVPN for Android.
3. Your application does not require you to be signed into an account that was registered from another country.
3. Your internet connection is fast enough to stream Skype. (Requires 128Kbps for a regular call. High-definition video calling requires 1.2 megabits per second).
You have turned off Location Services on your mobile device, as follows:
Go to SETTINGS>LOCATION on your phone and toggle the location switch to OFF.
Next, delete your Android app data.
Please do not open the app without UltraVPN turned on. This will ensure that your real IP address will not be saved.
Because IP addresses are randomly assigned through our servers, another workaround is to disconnect and reconnect until you acquire a different IP range. You can check your IP Address at http://www.whatsmyip.org.
If after trying the above the issue persists, please gather the following information:
- What website/App are you trying to access?
- Virtual Location (country) selected
- What is your IP address when UltraVPN is ON? You can verify it here.
- Your actual country
- Screenshot of the error message received (If any)
Once you have the information required above, please contact support as explained here.