Issue: I can’t connect to UltraVPN on my Android device. I click CONNECT, and it just spins. Or, it connects briefly and then disconnects.
How to fix connection issues on an Android
- First, please make sure you are running the latest version for Android in the Google Play Store.To help determine what's causing our app to disconnect, please make sure of the following:
- Your Android OS is 5.0 or later.
- Your Android is not rooted.
- To isolate the cause, temporarily disable any third-party app that may interfere with your connection. For example, a firewall with strict settings, another VPN application, or an antivirus
You aren't running a battery management or screen-dimming app.
You have the latest version of the app (some older versions will have trouble connecting to our new servers).
Next, many common problems like this can be fixed by clearing UltraVPN's cache and data. Please follow the steps below or you can visit the support page from Google here.
How to clear UltraVPN's app cache
- Open your Android Settings.
- Find the Applications & Notifications area.
- Select UltraVPN
- Tap Storage
Select both Clear Cache as well as Clear Data.
Reboot your device and launch UltraVPN again.
After completing the previous steps, check if our app is working properly. If it is still not working, the data from the following apps will also need to be cleared:
- Google Play Store
- Google Play Services
- Your preferred web browser (Chrome, Opera, Firefox, etc.)
- Any other application you are having problems with (Netflix, Hulu, etc.)
Keep in mind that clearing the app's data will remove all your settings, and you will need to log back in again, so make sure you have access to your username and password.
Lastly, if you still experience problems accessing content, please turn off Location Services and the Smart Network Switch.
How to turn off Location Services on Android
- Go to Android's Settings
- Select Location
- Switch to OFF
How to turn off the Smart Network switch on Android
- Go to Settings > Wi-Fi > Advanced.
- Uncheck Avoid Poor Connection
- Go back to Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Uncheck the Smart Network Switch.