Issue: I am trying to access an app like Facebook or Whatsapp using UltraVPN with my iOS device but it is not letting me.
Troubleshooting steps to access apps or sites using UltraVPN
Before we begin troubleshooting please verify and make sure the following applies to you.
- You are logged into your UltraVPN Premium subscription so that you can change your Virtual Location.
- Your application does not require you to be signed into an account that was registered from another country.
- Your internet connection is fast enough to stream video.
- You have the latest version of the app (some older versions will have trouble connecting to our new servers)
- This goes for both UltraVPN and the app you are trying to access
- You have turned off Location Services on your mobile device, as follows:
- Go to Settings - Privacy - Locations services and toggle the setting off.
Once that information has been verified please try these steps to help get you access to certain sites and apps when using UltraVPN.
For Websites using a Web browser on iOS device (Safari, Chrome, Firefox):
- When using the Safari browser. Please visit this link for more detailed instructions from Apple.
- If using the Chrome iOS app
- Click on the 3 dots in the bottom right
- Click on settings
- Click on privacy
- Clear browsing data, cookies, and cached images and files
- If using the Firefox iOS app
- Click on the 3 lines on the bottom right,
- Click on settings,
- Click on data management,
- Toggle on cache and cookies only and click clear private data.
To clear the app data:
Some applications from the app store do not have the option for you to delete the app data. However, in this scenario, a clean install is highly encouraged as it deletes the app and all the data and documents with it.
- Follow this guide to delete the apps from your iOS device.
Once deleted reinstall the app and retest this access issue.