Issue: I'm trying to watch the BBC, but I get the error message, “BBC iPlayer only works in the UK. Sorry, it’s due to rights issues.”
Before troubleshooting, please make sure that:
- You are logged into your UltraVPN Premium account.
- You have the latest version of the app (some older versions will have trouble connecting to our new servers)
- Verify that your IP address when connected to UltraVPN is the proper country you selected on the application. You can locate your IP address here.
- Select the United Kingdom virtual location.
Clear your browser's cache. You may be wondering why we ask to clear your browser's cache, and we have a couple of reasons for this.
- The browser you use occasionally mismanage the accumulated cache or data when visiting a site. Some sites you are trying to visit may slow down or not appear at all due to this.
- The cache can also be used as a way to store your private data, so it is always best to store less of it, given the chance.
Follow the steps below to clear the cache on your browser type.
If clearing the cache and cookies above did not work, please try selecting a city within the UK as opposed to the actual country and retesting the site by clearing your cache prior to accessing it.
Enjoy watching the BBC using UltraVPN.